Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dreams

I  just thought about it and i have Moleskine after Molskine notebook filled with dreams i've had.
I used to wake up, get my notebook, and write down whatever dream i had had that night.
though i haven't written down my dreams for a while for whatever reason.
i don't dream as often and i don't remember them as well.
I don't know if this is because of the medication I am on, or because i just don't do it as often,  so my mind is sort of out of practice.

if you don't record your dreams, i would recommend it, it's interesting to go back later and read them, as well as  trying to make sense of it all.

if you want my honest opinion, sure i believe that SOME dreams have relevance, but I would say that most of your dreams are just randomness.
for example: When you are talking to someone in polite conversation, you sensor yourself, in the sense that if you are speaking with the queen of England. you aren't going to blurt out nasty 4-lettered words for no reason(...or most wouldn't)

this is the same for dreaming. in everyday life you probably wouldn't think random thoughts that go nowhere. [now i realize that everyone is random from time to time, but i am talking about the REALLY random thoughts.]
it's self censorship via yourself and realizing that certain thoughts are pointless and get you nowhere.
now, the dreams that people have are [what i think] the mind uncensored. You just think whatever.
and then you end up with wacky dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment